Pick and up and drop off in Whanganui City
Along the way to discover:
- See how the mail gets delivered in rural New Zealand, with all the connections that matter
- The convent at Jerusalem/Hiruharama
(with the stories of James K Baxter, Sister Mother Aubert and local Māori)
- Kāwana Flour Mill - the original river think big project
- Morning tea
- The unique Tunnel culvert
- Be inspired by the route the Mountains to Sea Cyclists and Te Araroa Walkers traverse
- Jetboat ride to the Bridge to Nowhere (Mangapurua Landing) with a local family business that has been plying the river for generations.
- Walk up the Mangapurua Valley to the Bridge to Nowhere, see the remnants of long abandoned farms, relics and signs of failed attempts to open up the valley with a road, and the incongruous Bridge to Nowhere.
- Glimpse inside the lives of our rural hinterland, shaped by centuries of occupation along the river
- See the unique geology borne from a millennia of uplifting changes
- Spectacular views